Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Manifold Destiny... En Route To Idaho

Manifold. Many and various, something with many parts and forms.  I have been lucky to live several lives already, with yet another on the horizon.  I am profoundly blessed to have a partner that shares my wanderlust, my desire for change and challenge.  Four years of nearly ceaseless travel requires a fortitude that few possess.  Our unwavering vision has been about exploration, but we've also had one eye on eventually coming to rest in the mountains. Thankfully, just when we have tapped the last of our energetic reserves, that destiny is unfolding. 

I have accepted a National Science Foundation fellowship to work on a Water Resources PhD at University of Idaho. Small town in the northwest, close to family and friends, Rocky Mountains? Check, check, check.  Not to mention Danielle has lined up what seems (at first glance) to be her dream job, and I'll significantly widen my prospects in academia, working on issues that fire me up. 

Though we will have a more permanent, permanent address in the coming years, the adventures and the blog will continue.  Thank you all for your continuing support and correspondence.  Time to head west.

Moscow, Northern Idaho...



No comments:

Post a Comment